So who are we & what is IMTTO?
IMTTO is an organization that was formed in 2001 and that currently has as its members Mountain Bike Trade Teams and Technical Support companies. IMTTO is an international non-profit organization that contributes to the continued development of mountain bike racing. IMTTO is recognized by the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI).
IMTTO is an acronym formed by the words International Mountainbike Teams, Tech support Organization.
IMTTO was created through the amalgamation of two organizations:
- IMTO (International Mountain bike Trade team Organization, formed in 1996).
- TAG (Technical Assistance Group, formed in 1997).
Members must either:
- Provide professional technical support for athletes and/or teams that race in UCI Calendar events.
- Be a non UCI-Elite Race Team that employs at least one rider to race in UCI Calendar events.
All members must do all of the following:
- Pay an annual membership fee to IMTTO to assist with the administration and communication costs for IMTTO, which includes coordination with the UCI, postage, telephone calls, hosting meetings, web site hosting etc.
- Provide their full contact details and nominate a single representative of their team/company, and their single email address.
- Attend IMTTO meetings where possible in person, and where not possible, contribute thoughts and comments relevant to the agenda via email.
- When attending international events, ensure that the appearance of their Company Space is presented professionally (this includes staff, athletes, technicians, vehicle(s), tent etc.).
- For events where there are multiple disciplines attending, not pull down their Company Space until all events have started.
All members receive as a minimum:
- Regular communications on developments in the international mountain bike world, (via email only).
- Benefits at World Cups such as reduced parking rates, Rainbow Pass credentials for Tech Company staff, and other benefits negotiated on behalf of the members with the UCI, event organizers or any relevant Federation.
- Access through IMTTO to the UCI Mountain Bike Commission on issues such as rule changes and other important matters that need to be raised.
- Ability to participate in an active forum that strives for excellence in the sport of mountain biking.
- To provide a stable, professional and financially viable environment for our members to continue participating in the sport and the popular success of International Mountain Bike Racing.
- To ensure that through the collaboration and open dialogue with various event organizers, Federations, both National and International, progressive steps are made at further developing the sport and popular success of international mountain bike racing.
- To create and maintain a productive environment that strives for professionalism and cooperation in the sport.
- Maintain regular communication with UCI Mountain Bike Staff to ensure that the views of the IMTTO membership are considered and that recommendations made by the MTB Commission to the UCI Management Committee have been fully considered from an IMTTO perspective.